If I disagree with the Assessor's Office as to the valuation of my property, can I appeal its valuation to the Board of Review even if it has not sold recently?

Yes. Every taxpayer has the right to appeal their valuation in any given year. This right extends to the taxpayer regardless of whether the valuation has been increased, decreased or remained the same in relation to its previous valuation. Evidence would need to be submitted to the Board of Review to support a claim of overvaluation. To receive a notice that the window to appeal is open, please contact our office at 815-965-0300.